As the term suggests, facelift is a surgical procedure through which aging and sagging skin around the cheeks and jaws are lifted to make it look younger. It is a common type of cosmetic surgery that involves improving the visible signs of aging across the face and neck areas. Also known as Rhytidectomy, facelift in Montreal is a restorative cosmetic surgery that has nothing to do with any change in the facial features of the person.
Reasons to get a facelift
During the facelift procedure, a portion of the face skin is pulled back from each side and the tissues underneath are surgically altered to regain the contour of the face and make it look more tightened and youthful. All the excessive fats, skin, and muscles are removed surgically during the facelift process. The common issues resolved by a facelift surgery are as follows:
- Sagged skin portions on the face
- The deep and creased lines between the nose and mouth-end areas
- Loose and sagged skin across the cheek/jaw areas
- Double chin
- Extra facial fat
Different Types of Facelifts
There are various procedures for performing a facelift in Montreal. The facelift surgery type varies depending on the area and volume of the skin being treated. Some of the commonly used techniques while performing a facelift are as follows:
- Traditional – As the name suggests, this surgery is the most basic type of facelift surgery that has been practiced over the past years. It involves incisions around the ears, hairline, and below the chin area. In the process, the surgeon removes the excess fat and skin across various regions of the face. This procedure is suggested for patients that have moderate to significant visible signs of aging.
- SMAS – An advanced variation of the traditional procedure, this surgery involves the targeting of the lower two-third area of your face. During this, the surgeon trims out the excess fat and skin while tightening the facial muscles.
- Deep Plane – In this process, the surgeon lifts all the layers i.e. the fat, muscle, and skin as a single unit thereby trimming off the excess. This process targets multiple areas of the face in a single go.
- Mid facelift – This surgery process targets the cheek areas of the face thereby removing the excess fat and tightening the skin around the cheeks.
- Mini facelift – This surgery type focuses on the lower face and neck area. Known for the easy and invasive procedure, this is often suggested for young aged people experiencing very early signs of aging.
- Cutaneous – This facelift procedure primarily involves the skin and is effective for the lower face and neck area of the body.
Advantages of Facelift
A facelift is a common cosmetic procedure that everyone must have heard about it. It is a safe and effective way to eradicate aging signs and improve skin quality. It is often observed that a facelift alters the facial appearance slightly making the skin look more tightened and younger. While many people have heard of facelifts in general, here are some advantages of facelift that is worth considering:
- Multiple aging solution
Gradual aging has visible effects on the skin thereby making it look dull, dark, and unpleasant. Various other factors such as sun damage, smoking, and stress can further make your skin look aged. A facelift is an effective solution to all these problems. It tightens the excess fat and skin from the face and neck area to make them look young and beautiful.
- No surgical marks
Another important advantage of a facelift is that there are no visible scars or marks after the surgery process is over. The incisions required for the surgery are made in areas like the hairline, ear back, lower neck, etc. that are mostly hidden and easy to conceal. One cannot identify that you ever had facelift surgery.
- Safe and suitable
Although skin and aging treatments are mostly associated with the female population, a facelift is suitable for all i.e. both men and women. A large number of the male population also struggle with sagging skin and wrinkles. All of these issues can be resolved by opting for a facelift in Montreal.