With around 2 billion monthly active users, the Instagram platform is the fastest-growing and most popular social media application and the one that your business should be utilizing. If you are a business owner and still do not have an Instagram account, then it is high time to set up a business profile on Instagram.
Sharing videos and photos is what the Instagram app is all about. You can convey inspiring and rich Stories about your brand through graphic visuals. There are increased responses for videos and photos on social media networks, including Instagram as well.
Instagram is the ideal complementary platform to include in your marketing strategy, which allows cross-posting content. You can also use the InstaFetcher to download your Instagram posts or Reels and share them on other social media for cross-promotional purposes. Here, let’s see how to set up an ideal Instagram business profile.
How to Set Up a Business Profile on Instagram?
Before we start, make sure to create a business Facebook page to access the full advantage of a business Instagram profile.
- Install the Application & Create an Account
Unlike other social media platforms, sharing content on the Instagram platform can be done only by utilizing the mobile application. So, the initial step is to take out your smartphone and install the Instagram app from Google PlayStore on your Android smartphone or else Apple AppStore on your iPhone.
While it may seem easier to utilize your Facebook account to create a profile on Instagram, do not do it. Because you can only create an account based on your personal Facebook page. If you want to open a business account on Instagram, then it is wise to use your business mail address to open one. The best point in using your business mail address is that your contacts can find you easily utilizing the ‘Find Friends’ feature.
- Choosing the Right Profile Picture
Your profile photo needs to be recognizable or be your logo that is associated with your brand. Keep in mind that you are creating an Instagram business account, not an individual page. So it is important to avoid group pics or selfies as your profile picture.
If you are the face of your brand, utilize a professional headshot as your profile photo or take a new one. In case you have no idea how a brand logo should be, you can utilize the instagram dp downloader tool and download your competitor brand’s profile picture. Now, you can see what kind of profile picture they have uploaded to their business Instagram profile.
- Selecting a Username
Now, you need to create a business Instagram profile’s username and password. Since you are setting up an Instagram business account, your profile’s username needs to be your brand’s name.
For instance, if you are a skincare or makeup brand, choose a variation for your username, location, and business. You want something that differentiates your business profile from a personal account. Note that the Instagram app will automatically generate a username for you according to the username you input.
- Discover Facebook Friends & Contacts
You will be asked to discover people to follow within your contacts and through Facebook. It is best to have your account created and an image or two published before you start to follow people.
Also, do remember that the Instagram platform provides you the opportunity to discover friends whenever you need from your page settings.
- Complete Your Profile
Click on the profile icon at the bottom right to go to your profile, then click the ‘Edit Your Profile’ button. That is where you can complete your profile information.
Fill up your profile bio and contact details fields because they are the places where the Instagram platform lets you utilize a clickable link. For instance, if you were about to post a URL in your post’s comment section, people will not be able to tap it, so do not waste your time. Your profile is the place where you can put your URL. Preferably, you can direct people to your landing page or website.
- Utilize the Business Features
On your profile, right below your Instagram bio, you will see an option, ‘Try Instagram for Business Tools.’ You can click it to read about the self-guided instructions and steps to complete your business profile and make use of the features offered.
Some of the business features that are offered by the Instagram platform are also accessed only by business profiles.
- Link in bio.
- Instagram Shopping.
- Instagram Live.
- Slider, poll, Q&A feature, Countdown stickers, and Quiz.
- Pinned Comments and more.
Hopefully, you have come to learn about how to set up an ideal business profile on the Instagram application. If you want people to remember your brand, then it is essential to have a business profile on Instagram. It starts with optimizing your profile the right way based on your brand. Make use of the above steps and grow your business on Instagram effectively!
- Why should I create a business profile on Instagram?
Instagram can complement your marketing strategy and allow cross-posting to other social media platforms.
- How do I create a business profile on Instagram?
- First, ensure you have a business Facebook page for full advantage.
- Install the Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Use your business email address to create your Instagram account.
- Avoid using your personal Facebook account for business purposes.
- What should my profile picture be?
- Use a recognizable image, such as your brand logo.
- Avoid group pictures or selfies; it’s a business account.
- How do I choose a username for my business profile?
- Your username should be your brand’s name or a variation of it.
- Instagram may generate a username based on your input.
- How do I find and connect with friends and contacts on Instagram?
- It’s best to create your account and upload a few images first.
- You can find friends through your page settings.
- How do I complete my profile?
- Click on your profile icon, then ‘Edit Your Profile.’
- Fill out your bio and contact details, where you can include a clickable link to your website or landing page.
- What are the business features on Instagram?
- Business profiles offer additional features like:
- Link in bio
- Instagram Shopping
- Instagram Live
- Slider, poll, Q&A, Countdown stickers, and Quiz
- Pinned Comments, and more.