If you are considering studying MBBS abroad, is a great option. With world-class universities and affordable fees, studying MBBS in Kazakhstan is becoming increasingly popular. However, the application process can be daunting, especially if you are unfamiliar with the country’s education system. In this article, we will guide you through the step-by-step process of applying to universities in Kazakhstan for MBBS.
Table of Contents
- Step 1: Research Universities in Kazakhstan
- Step 2: Check the Eligibility Criteria
- Step 3: Apply to the University
- Step 4: Apply for a Student Visa
- Step 5: Prepare for Departure
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is the eligibility criteria to apply for MBBS in Kazakhstan?
- Is it mandatory to learn the Kazakh language to study MBBS in Kazakhstan?
- How much does it cost to study MBBS in Kazakhstan?
- Are scholarships available for studying MBBS in Kazakhstan?
- What are the job prospects after completing MBBS in Kazakhstan?
Step 1: Research Universities in Kazakhstan
The first step in applying to universities in Kazakhstan for MBBS is to research and shortlist universities that offer MBBS courses. You can use online resources such as university websites, forums, and study portals to find out more about the universities and their courses.
Some of the top universities in Kazakhstan that offer MBBS courses are:
- Al-Farabi Kazakh National University
- Asfendiyarov Kazakh National Medical University
- Karaganda State Medical University
- Semey State Medical University
- Astana Medical University
Once you have shortlisted the universities, you can start researching their admission requirements and eligibility criteria.
Step 2: Check the Eligibility Criteria
Each university in Kazakhstan has its own eligibility criteria for MBBS courses. Some of the common eligibility criteria include:
- Completion of 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as core subjects
- Minimum aggregate marks of 50% in 10+2 or equivalent
- The qualifying score in NEET or other entrance exams (if required)
- Fluency in English (some universities may require IELTS or TOEFL scores)
Make sure you meet the eligibility criteria before applying to any university in Kazakhstan.
Step 3: Apply to the University
After shortlisting the universities and checking the eligibility criteria, you can start applying to the universities. Most universities in Kazakhstan have an online application process, which you can complete by filling in the application form and uploading the required documents.
Some of the documents you may need to submit along with your application are:
- Copy of passport
- Copy of 10+2 mark sheet
- Qualifying exam scorecard
- English proficiency test scorecard (if required)
- Medical certificate
- Passport size photographs
Make sure you read the instructions carefully and provide all the required documents to avoid any delays or rejections.
Step 4: Apply for a Student Visa
After receiving an acceptance letter from the university, you can apply for a student visa to study in Kazakhstan. You can apply for a student visa at the nearest Kazakh embassy or consulate in your country.
Some of the documents you may need to submit for a student visa are:
- Acceptance letter from the university
- Valid passport
- Passport size photographs
- Medical certificate
- Proof of financial support
- Police clearance certificate
Make sure you apply for the student visa well in advance to avoid any last-minute delays.
Step 5: Prepare for Departure
Once you have received your student visa, you can start preparing for your departure to Kazakhstan. Some of the things you need to keep in mind are:
- Book your flight tickets well in advance to get the best deals
- Arrange for accommodation in Kazakhstan
- Purchase health insurance
- Get all your necessary documents translated into Kazakh or Russian
Make sure you have all the necessary documents and information before leaving for Kazakhstan.
Q1. What is the eligibility criteria to apply for MBBS in Kazakhstan?
A1. The eligibility criteria for MBBS in Kazakhstan vary from university to university. However, most universities require candidates to have completed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as core subjects and a minimum aggregate marks of 50% in 10+2 or equivalent.
Q2. Is it mandatory to learn the Kazakh language for studying MBBS in Kazakhstan?
A2. No, it is not mandatory to learn the Kazakh language for studying MBBS in Kazakhstan. Most universities offer MBBS courses in English, and students can also opt for language classes to learn the Kazakh language if they wish to.
Q3. How much does it cost to study MBBS in Kazakhstan?
A3. The cost of studying MBBS in Kazakhstan varies from university to university. However, the tuition fees are relatively affordable, ranging from $2,000 to $6,000 per year. In addition to the tuition fees, students need to budget for accommodation, food, and other expenses.
Q4. Are scholarships available for studying MBBS in Kazakhstan?
A4. Yes, some universities in Kazakhstan offer scholarships to international students. Students can also explore other scholarship options such as government scholarships, private scholarships, and international scholarships.
Q5. What are the job prospects after completing MBBS in Kazakhstan?
A5. After completing MBBS in Kazakhstan, students can work as doctors in Kazakhstan or in other countries. They can also pursue higher studies such as MD or MS in Kazakhstan or other countries.
Studying MBBS in Kazakhstan can be a great option for students who are looking for quality education at an affordable cost. However, the application process can be challenging, especially if you are unfamiliar with the country’s education system. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can apply to universities in Kazakhstan MBBS with confidence and ease. Remember to research the universities, check the eligibility criteria, apply to the university, apply for a student visa, and prepare for departure.